How the Agn league works:
- A handicap calculation is used because of the difference in the number of members at each club.
- The number oflicencesbought from Agnand not the number oflicencesthe club has soldis used in the handicap calculation.
- Also it is the number oflicencesbought as at the end of the month prior to the league race that is used in the handicap calculation.
League race(s) in Jan 2014 …. No. of licencesbought during 2013.
League race(s) in Feb 2014 …. No. oflicencesbought as at the end of Jan 2014
League race(s) in Mar 2014 …. No. oflicencesbought as at the end of Feb 2014
and so on
- A minimum number of 35 licencesis used for clubs that have bought less than 35 licences.
- Only AGN registered athletes qualify for league points.
- The league points table is available under points menue. This table allocates points to each athlete who finishes a race. The number of points is dependant on gender, age category, distance and finishing time.
A minimum of 1 point is allocated to everyone whose name is on the official set of results.
- The formula for the handicap calculation is:
The total number of points earned x 200 / number oflicencesbought from AGN.
- The league has been divided up into 3 divisions. Div 1 and 2 each have 20 clubs in them. Div 3 has the remainder.
- Once the total handicap points have been calculated for each club, a sort is done, listing the clubs from most to least number of handicap points. In Div 1 and 2 the clubs with the most handicap points will then each be allocated 20 league points, the next 19 points and so on down. In Div 3 the club with the most handicap points will be allocated 40 points, the next 39 and so on down. The reason for the 40 points is that there are about 34 clubs in Div 3 and as new clubs get affiliated they will go into Div 3. The league log is then based on the total number of league points each club has accumulated.
- In each of the three (3) leagues, no points will be scored if a club does not participate.
- At the end of the league season the top two (2) clubs of Div 2 and Div 3 will be promoted to Div 1 and Div 2 respectively.
- The bottom 2 clubs in Div 1 and Div 2 will at the same time be relegated to Div 2 and Div 3 respectively.
- In the case of a tie in the number of league points for any one of the above scenarios, then the total handicap points will be used to decide which clubs will go up or down as the case may be.
, 012 361 6963.